Leave your skis at the hotel and discover all the things our holiday destination has to offer in winter. There are many winter activities to choose from. Have a fun winter holiday in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl – even at night!
Sledging down the mountain
The three-kilometre-long natural sledging trail runs all the way from the Hochgurglbahn mountain station to the valley station.
- Open: from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 1x per week: nighttime sledging from 7:30 to 10:30 pm
Want to take a spin on the ice?
You can also go ice skating or try Bavarian curling on your holiday in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl. Guests both old and young can lace up their skates and take a spin on the ice. Afterwards, head to the Ice-berg sports bar for a drink. Bavarian curling fans are also in luck: groups of eight or more can reserve a lane outside of the normal business hours.
- Open: daily (depending on weather and conditions of the ice)
- Ice skate and Bavarian curling equipment rental: available at the Ice-berg sports bar
Winter hiking through Obergurgl-Hochgurgl
Listen to the crunching of snow beneath your boots and breathe in the clear winter air... 12 km of cleared winter hiking trails wind through the quiet Swiss pine forests and snow-covered fields. Winter hiking is an easy-going sport and perfect for anyone with good winter shoes or boots.
- 12 km of winter hiking trails
- Cleared and walkable
- Walking tickets for the cable car
Gliding over the snow: cross-country skiing
Cross-country ski fans will also love holidays in Obergurgl-Hochgurgl: a total of 12 km of cross-country ski trails wind their way through the region.
- Practice trail in Obergurgl: 3 km
- Cross-country trail in Obergurgl: 7 km
- High-altitude trail in Hochgurgl: 2 km